Friday, May 14, 2021
Home State Gujarat:The fire broke out in the polymers manufacturing section of the plant,...

Gujarat:The fire broke out in the polymers manufacturing section of the plant, leading to thick black smoke due to carbon dioxide emission

Nearly 700 residents of Nandarkha village in Kalol taluka of Panchmahals district were shifted to a primary school after a fire broke out at a chemical factory located in the periphery of the village on Monday afternoon.

Panchmahals District Collector Amit Arora told The Indian Express that 23 persons were in the polymer plant when fire broke out. As nine fire tenders rushed to the spot to bring the blaze under control, close to 700 villagers from the Nandarkha village, located about 800 metres away from the site were shifted to a safer location.
Arora said, “All 23 workers came out safe and there was no casualty. Since the fire started in the polymer unit, there is no toxic emission. But carbon dioxide is a being majorly emitted. To be on a safer side and avert any possible complications to anyone in the periphery of the factory, we asked residents to shift for some time to the school.”
About 700 residents moved to the primary school in the village. Arora said that nine fire tenders had been rushed to the spot, including foam extinguishers from private companies in the district.

Arora said, “However, the exact cause of the fire will be know after the fire is doused. Our team from the industrial disaster team are at the spot to ascertain the primary cause.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

The corona warrior is given a cowboy safety kit

Koraput: Kovid fighters working on the Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh border have been provided with various kovid security items by the district emergency office,...

At Kovid Hospital, the young journalist opened up about the food crisis.

A few days back in Malkangiri, the district's Kovid Hospital was accused of negligence and death in treatment, which was denied by the health...

Gajapati District R. Udayagiri Rural Development Department Junior Engineer Corona dies at Berhampur Bada Medical

Paralakhemundi: Prashant Nayak, a junior engineer in the Udayagiri Rural Development Department's office in Gajapati district's Ra Udayagiri, died on Sunday at around 7...

Six people were killed and three others were injured in the lightning strike.

Damanyodi: Two cows and two cows of Lada Chalan and Jhannaguda of Jhanaguda village under Koraput block Dumuripadar panchayat were killed in a lightning...

Recent Comments